The last time you opened a bottle of wine did you know its story?
Good red wine enchants its taster. We remember its scent, flavors, acidity, and tannins for a long time. We consider wine to be a more mystical drink than beer, more elegant than steamed spirits, and we still do not know exactly what it consists of. A mixture of grape juice, alcohol, flavors, acids, and tannins? More than that. Winemakers, no matter how carefully and competently they handle the ingredients listed above, good dry red wine needs a little more than that. Perhaps the mystique that stems from centuries of experience in winemaking and that is why this divine nectar and its makers deserve all our respect.
Wine is all about discovery with exploration and wine preference is very subjective. You may not necessarily enjoy what your friends or your family like. That’s why it’s important to try out as many grape varietals as possible to find the ideal match for your taste palette as several thousands of different kinds of red wine can be found in online wine shops.
Discover the world famous wine regions and get to know the most widely recognized red grape varieties on DryRedWines.com!
The story starts here.
Latest from our Magazine
- 21 Secret Health Benefits of Red WinesEver since the ancient Greeks worshipped the god Dionysos, wine has been linked to health and wellness. But wine is not just about drinking and getting drunk; it’s a combination of art, culture, and science. There are several theories as to why … Read more
- A 101 Guide to Wine Bodies – Light, Medium & FullThe world of wines can be quite intimidating for a newcomer yet it is equally fascinating. To know how to use the fruit with different permutations and combinations, storing techniques, harvesting methods and then producing a potion that is a delight for … Read more
- How to Drink Wine on a Diet?Facts You Should Know About Calories in Dry Red Wines Drinking alcohol and losing weight is a classic question for anyone trying to lose weight without giving up wine or alcoholic drinks. Are you the one avoiding high-calorie and high-fat foods? Are … Read more
- 18 things you didn’t know about ZinfandelYou must have heard a lot about Zinfandel before. But probably not everything.
- The Ultimate Wine Quotes CollectionEvery glass of wine tells you about yourself when you sip, you just have to pay attention to it. Not surprisingly, millions of thoughts have been formulated in us about wines over the millennia.
- What Makes a Grape Noble?Noble grapes are also known as ‘International Varieties’ as they have widespread appeal and are widely planted in most of the major wine-growing regions.
- Pronunciation Guide to the 40 Most Famous and Known Wine WordsLearn how to pronounce these classic wine terms with the true accent of their respective country. Your host will be Julien Miquel.
While there are many types of grape used to make wine, only about 30 are widely planted today. While winemakers can cultivate grapes to make many styles of wine, there are a few basic types that are more popular than others: red, white, and rosé. Red wine is made from dark-skinned grapes such as Cabernet and Pinot Noir. White wine is made from white-skinned grapes such as Chardonnay and Riesling. Rosé wine is made from red and white grapes that have been briefly pressed after picking and then separated from their skins, which are then discarded after fermentation.
“I cook with wine,
sometimes I even add it to the food.”