The last time you opened a bottle of wine did you know its story?
Good red wine enchants its taster. We remember its scent, flavors, acidity, and tannins for a long time. We consider wine to be a more mystical drink than beer, more elegant than steamed spirits, and we still do not know exactly what it consists of. A mixture of grape juice, alcohol, flavors, acids, and tannins? More than that. Winemakers, no matter how carefully and competently they handle the ingredients listed above, good dry red wine needs a little more than that. Perhaps the mystique that stems from centuries of experience in winemaking and that is why this divine nectar and its makers deserve all our respect.
Wine is all about discovery with exploration and wine preference is very subjective. You may not necessarily enjoy what your friends or your family like. That’s why it’s important to try out as many grape varietals as possible to find the ideal match for your taste palette as several thousands of different kinds of red wine can be found in online wine shops.
Latest from our Magazine
- Red Wines From ItalyCiao America! Need to know about Italy’s wine? Here are a few of the basics and then we’ll get into the details. On average, it takes ten individual fruit to create one bottle of wine. There are more than 1,200 different grape … Read more
- Dry Red Wines for CookingThere is a common misconception that a bottle of wine is only good for drinking. In fact, red wine is also a great ingredient in cooking and should be used every evening in your cooking.
- Wines and Food PairingThe pairing of red wine and food is a wonderful union. I know it doesn’t seem obvious how to pair foods with wine, but trust me, it’s worth the research.
- 21 Secret Health Benefits of Red WinesEver since the ancient Greeks worshipped the god Dionysos, wine has been linked to health and wellness. But wine is not just about drinking and getting drunk; it’s a combination of art, culture, and science. There are several theories as to why … Read more
- A 101 Guide to Wine Bodies – Light, Medium & FullThe world of wines can be quite intimidating for a newcomer yet it is equally fascinating. To know how to use the fruit with different permutations and combinations, storing techniques, harvesting methods and then producing a potion that is a delight for … Read more
- How to Drink Wine on a Diet?Facts You Should Know About Calories in Dry Red Wines Drinking alcohol and losing weight is a classic question for anyone trying to lose weight without giving up wine or alcoholic drinks. Are you the one avoiding high-calorie and high-fat foods? Are … Read more
- 18 things you didn’t know about ZinfandelYou must have heard a lot about Zinfandel before. But probably not everything.
- The Ultimate Wine Quotes CollectionEvery glass of wine tells you about yourself when you sip, you just have to pay attention to it. Not surprisingly, millions of thoughts have been formulated in us about wines over the millennia.
- What Makes a Grape Noble?Noble grapes are also known as ‘International Varieties’ as they have widespread appeal and are widely planted in most of the major wine-growing regions.
While there are many types of grape used to make wine, only about 30 are widely planted today. While winemakers can cultivate grapes to make many styles of wine, there are a few basic types that are more popular than others: red, white, and rosé. Red wine is made from dark-skinned grapes such as Cabernet and Pinot Noir. White wine is made from white-skinned grapes such as Chardonnay and Riesling. Rosé wine is made from red and white grapes that have been briefly pressed after picking and then separated from their skins, which are then discarded after fermentation.
“I cook with wine,
sometimes I even add it to the food.”
Wine is a drink that most people enjoy. It goes with a wide variety of meals, it is available in a thousand different varieties, and it can be very relaxing. A good glass of wine is also a great way to start or finish an evening. For centuries, wine has been the drink of choice for a special meal or celebration.
Despite the old adage that there are no wrong ways to drink a bottle of good red wine, there are definitely wrong ways to choose one. And while it might seem strange to think of this as a do-it-yourself activity, choosing the right red wine for your tastes and budget is a very personal endeavor. Some people are comfortable going to a store and walking out with a bottle they haven’t tried before, while others want to read about the right wine for them, try a few, and then buy what they like.
The wine world is large and complex, with a dizzying array of grapes, regions, and price ranges to choose from. As the number of wineries and wines increases, it is increasingly difficult to choose a bottle when you’re out at a restaurant. The solution is to learn as much as you can about the different varieties of wines and what to look for before you buy.